Patent #8,034,113 and Additional patents pending
- Commercialized in August 2007
- Design: unique cartridge implant with instruments which prepare all articular surfaces at one time without dis-articulating the joint.
- Inventors: Dr. Randy Acker and Greg van der Meulen
- Number of clinical sites: 20
- First case: Dr. Randy Acker, June 28, 2007
- Number of cases performed: 72
- U.S. patent #8,034,113
The TATE Elbow System consists of four (4) sizes in left and right, 15, 17, 19, and 21.
The humeral component and radioulnar base are cobalt chrome and the bearing surface is ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE). The metal components are porous coated for cementless press-fit application, and hydroxylapatite coated to promote osseointegration.